Click to view our educational video presentation
AirMD’s network of consultants provides VOC Testing in North Bergen, New Jersey.
Volatile organic compounds are emitted as gases from certain solids or liquids. VOC’s are emitted by a wide array of products indoors. They originate indoors from common sources including paints, cleaning supplies, carpets, wood floors, building materials and home furnishings.
Breathing low levels of VOCs for long periods of time can increase a person’s risk of health problems. Studies suggest that exposure to VOCs make symptoms worse for people who have asthma or are particularly sensitive to chemicals.
Scientists look at short-term (acute) exposures as hours to days and long-term (chronic) exposures as years. Some symptoms of Short-Term (Acute) exposures to VOCs include increased risk of eye, nose and throat irritation, headaches, nausea / vomiting, dizziness and worsening of asthma symptoms. Symptoms of Long-Term exposures to VOCs include increased risk of cancer, liver damage, kidney damage and central nervous system damage.
AirMD and its network can serve all your environmental testing needs including: Mold testing and mold inspection, asbestos, allergy and dust mite testing, bacteria, chemical and VOC testing, lead, heavy metal, formaldehyde, pesticide and water testing.